Ellen Palestine CPO®, owner of Finally Organized, LLC, is a business owner, wife and mother of two sons. Ellen helps individuals and businesses cut the clutter, increase productivity. Her goals are to find more time for the important things in life such as family, friends and fun.
In 2007, Ellen earned the prestigious designation of Certified Professional Organizer (CPO®), a unique distinction in the history of the professional organizing industry. She was among the first in the industry to earn the CPO® designation in its inaugural year.
The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and the Board of Certification for Professional Organizers (BCPO) developed the certification designation. Certification recognizes professionals who have met specific qualifications and who have proven through examination and client interaction to possess the body of knowledge and experience required for the professional organizing industry. The program recognizes and raises industry standards, practices and ethics.
- National Conference Scholarship Fund Committee Chair 2014 – present
- National Awards Committee Chair 2011 – 2014
- Board of Directors 2007 – 2010
- Inaugural class of Certified Professional Organizers® 2007
- Golden Circle Member 2006 – present
- Certification Liaison Coordinator 2007
- Program Definition Team Member 2006
- Certification: Job Task Analysis Team Member 2005 – 2007
- Chapter Membership Director Coordinator 2003 – 2007
- National Membership Committee 2003 – 2007
- Annual Leadership Forum Attendee 2003 – present
NAPO Chapter Leadership:
- NAPO Northern New Jersey: Programming Committee, 2013 – 2015
- NAPO Northern New Jersey: Nominating Committee, 2006 – 2007
- NAPO New York: Membership Director, 2003 – 2007
- NAPO New York: Presidents Award Recipient, 2003
- NAPO New York: GO Month Coordinator, 2002
Other Professional Accomplishments & Leadership:
- New Jersey Notary Public: present
- Association of Personal Photo Organizers (APPO): Member 2010 – present
- Toastmasters: Competent Communicator, 2010
- Livingston Chamber of Commerce: Member, 2005 – present
- New Jersey Association of Women Business Owners: Member, 2002 – present
- Sharing Network of NJ: Speaker, 2001 – present
- Northern NJ Blood Center: Coordinator, 1991 – 2005
Our services are for people who truly desire a change and are committed to educating themselves in new ways to live and in new ways to structure the order of “things” in their environment. Clients enjoy partnering with us because we are authentic, work with integrity, and we actually are practitioners of organized living. We believe in customer service that includes humor, empathy, and compassion.
“Life has a way of reminding you about what’s truly important,” Ellen says. “My goal is to help clients feel better about themselves and their environment and fully enjoy their lives by getting and staying organized. I want them to be organized to such a high level of comfort, that they don’t need me anymore.”
In addition to helping others get organized, Ellen is also passionate about organ donation www.unos.org and pet therapy. In 2001, one of her sons was diagnosed with a heart condition, ultimately requiring a transplant. He’s now doing well, thanks to the selfless generosity of the donor and his family.
After being assisted by scores of kind people, both friends and strangers; Ellen wanted to give back in some way. In addition to volunteering for www.njsharingnetwork.org, she is also a volunteer at the hospital where her son had been both a volunteer and a patient.
That’s why Ellen rescued Dakota from Eleventh Hour Rescue www.ehrdogs.org (scroll 2/3 down on the ehrdogs.org homepage, to the big #11, to see Ellen and Dakota at minute 3 of the video). Dakota quickly completed training to be a certified therapy dog and now Ellen and she visit pediatric, cardiac, ER, and burn units at the hospital on a regular basis. In addition, Dakota has been visiting adults with Traumatic Brain Injuries since 2005.